Monday, September 12, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - TroubleMaker Starts School!

This week, I become Mom to a school-aged child. My little boy - my angel baby, is starting play school on Tuesday morning. I am clueless as to where the time has gone - it seems only moments ago that I stood him up behind the wheel of our Jeep (taken around this time in 2008)!

Photobucket

I've wrestled with the idea of school. He's a couple weeks short of three and one half years old. He has been home most of his life with one parent or the other and although he is very well socialized, he doesn't always get the educational instruction that is common these days for young, young children who typically go to daycare.

But all that aside, he would move out if I told him he couldn't go to school tomorrow. His bags are packed (lunch kit and back back, not his suitcase) and he's tucked up in bed all ready for his big day!

So his first big day deserves fun food for supper and what could be more fun than pizza-esque sandwiches?

What's on your menu this week?

September 12 to 19

Monday Leftover Take-Out (please note that this is likely the second time in my 13 year relationship that we've had leftovers the night immediately following the night we ate the original meal)
Tuesday Stromboli
Wednesday Gramma's Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Thursday Crockpot Roast Beef w/ Vegetables around the roast
Friday Chicken Nuggets & Fries
Saturday Nachos with Homemade Salsa
Sunday Homemade Fried Chicken* & Oven fries

For more super menu planning ideas and resources, check out the Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

*I'll post my fried chicken recipe tomorrow. It's all bad for you but oh so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...