Saturday, January 28, 2012

Our Chinese New Year

I like to celebrate. I like any reason to be fancy, make huge meals and enjoy the company of my family and friends. I also love culture and when those two things can combine, I am over the moon!

For the past many years, we've celebrated Chinese New Year. That said, I also have it firmly planted in my brain that it happens in February... So imagine my surprise when I found out Monday, it was Chinese New Year! The Year of the Dragon, even, and me with no plans for celebrating in mind!

Fear not, I planned and schemed and we celebrated our Chinese New Year today! Paper lanterns, dragons and lots of red (which happens to be TroubleMaker's favourite colour)! Combining my love for fun paper crafts with a (not so traditional) Chinese food dinner (Ginger beef, fried rice, sweet and sour pork and a vegetable stir-fry) will certainly bring in our New Year happily!

With a rat, boar, two rabbits and a tiger in the house, I'm certain we will celebrate with style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...