Saturday, January 26, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - January 26 - Feb 1, 2013

Not sure if I mentioned it last week, but I was looking for meal plannings apps for my IPhone and IPad. I found one called "Meal Board". It had good reviews but like with many things, reviews are subjective and not always indicative of a quality product.

Although there are built in recipes, they are limited in selection, however you are able to sync to various online recipe sites to add more. There is also the option to build your own recipes; adding detailed recipe information helps to build the grocery list for your menus. It also allows for a pantry inventory which was one of the biggest selling features for me. If you use the grocery list builder and the inventory feature, it works off one another to increase and decrease your inventory. The app does transfer from phone to pad (I've purchased a couple apps that only allow for partial versions on the device not used for the purchase) however there isn't an export feature. Menus and grocery lists can be emailed but this will not update the inventory if you do not "check" off the grocery list items on the device. There is also an option to print out your monthly (or weekly) menu plan.

I haven't also been able to sync my phone and my ipad so I have (so far) manually entered the menus on each device. I'm sure this can be done (as there is a 'sync with cloud' option but it keeps telling me I don't have an account) and when I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Saturday: Nachos
Sunday: Pizza (my brother and his family may be coming for dinner)
Monday: Spaghetti and meatballs
Tuesday: Chicken Fajitas
Wednesday: Bacon, Eggs and tatertots
Thursday: Fettuccine Alfredo
 Friday: Easy Hot wings, Coyote fritters and veggies and dip

Sharing the menu with:
Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday
Erin Branscom's Menu Monday

Thanks for checking out my menu and seeing what's for dinner at our house!



Fettuccine Alfredo
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup FRESH Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)

In a medium saucepan, melt butter slowly, add cream as butter begins to melt. Once melted, add salt (to taste) and grated cheese. Continuing stirring mixture until cheese melts. Add a few grains of pepper. Serve over hot, drained fettuccine.



2 comments:

  1. MMM That Alfredo sounds delicious. I've been looking for a new recipe, we'll have to try it out :)

    Karen
    When Is Dinner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made it with milk too and it works well (but not quite as creamy). The "must" is the fresh Parmesan! Hope you like it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...