Sunday, June 20, 2010

MPM #7


I skipped last week - just had too much going on. We had the menu posted (and we followed it mostly) but just didn't get to blog-land to share it! TroubleMaker is down for a nap so we'll see how we get!

It's supposed to be a hot week this week so with summer coming (I think for real this time) I may have to adjust the menu to suit the weather. There is nothing worse than heating the house up further by having to 'cook' with the oven!

Sometimes the problem with planning a month in advance is by the end of week three, what I planned just doesn't sound good or we're in the middle of heat wave! I've also had it happen where I've planned a yummy 'summer menu' and it's pouring rain (so who wants BBQ anything when it's 10 deg. C and raining cats and dogs?)!

So here is our week at a glance!
June 21 to June 27
Monday Mushroom & Chicken Linguine
Tuesday Tuna Casserole
Wednesday Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce
Thursday Tater Tot Casserole
Friday Shepherd's Pie
Saturday Homemade Pizza (ACK - I can't find my crust recipe to share... UGH)
Sunday Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches (this is not my usual recipe but I cannot seem to open the recipe link with our ISP!)

Lunches are simple this week for Hubby and TroubleMaker:
Tortilla Pizzas, Cottage cheese, leftovers and grilled cheese sandwiches

Breakfasts are easy too and will likely include some fresh berries and lots of cereal as it is Hubby's new mission to get more milk into our son's diet! So far, they've had cornflakes and muffets! I've got some banana muffins frozen and another day will include scrambled eggs so I think they'll have a yummy week!

But its getting late in the day and I best go get TroubleMaker up from his nap (if I ever want him to go to bed tonight)! Hope you have a great week and check out more Menu Plan Monday cooking and meal planning ideas over at Org Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...