Sunday, July 11, 2010

MPM#10


This weeks menu was well followed and SO yummy! I've made the Enchilada Casserole three or four times and I love it more each time. I've modified the recipe - I add chopped onions and peppers (red & green) as well as about 1/3 of the corn the original suggests to the meat when it's just about finished cooking (I drain it first). I find that this adds some good hidden veggies and enhances the flavour overall. I finally got all three layers to fit this week too! If you haven't tried it yet, you must!

I had "Saturday" last week listed as "surprise"! Well - I was being covert in the event my Dad happened upon my blog that week... My step Mom and I had planned a surprise retirement party! After 41 years in the same job, my Dad finally hung up his hat so we HAD to celebrate! It was a complete surprise to him (it's hard to surprise my Dad - he knows or finds out about everything) and he was so excited! We had the usual summer barbeque fair - steak, chicken baked potatoes, potato salad, Caesar salad... Lots of desserts - it was great and everyone had a fantastic time!

This week, we are heading out to Miquelon Lake Provincial Park camping for four days! I've never been out that way before but they (the Province) did a whole bunch of renovations to the park a couple of years ago so it's supposed to be a good family park now. Regardless, it'll be very nice to finally get away for a few days camping in our motorhome!

So here is our week at a glance!
July 12 to July 18
Monday Chicken Burgers, Salad, chips (We're having company for dinner - my MIL and quasi SIL are staying after they take TroubleMaker on his first zoo trip)
Tuesday Up in the air because someone *ahem* is turning 36 today!
Wednesday Tuna Sandwiches & salad
Thursday BBQ hamburgers & chips
Friday Steak & Caesar salad
Saturday Smokies cooked over the campfire!
Sunday leftovers?

Lunches
Not much - TroubleMaker is at the zoo tomorrow and Wednesday is at the sitter's... I'm off the rest of the week and we're camping so it'll likely be snack-like food!

Breakfasts
Homemade "Eggos", bagels & cream cheese, Banana muffins & cheese cubes, Toast, Bacon & Eggs

Hope you have a great week and check out more Menu Plan Monday cooking and meal planning ideas over at Org Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...