Monday, June 3, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - June 3 to 9, 2013

Hello, fellow menu planners! Hope your weekend was great and your menu this week is tasty.

I'm still doing simple meals and eating from the freezer (oh, how I love having a freezer full of premade meals)!

Monday: Fettuccine Alfredo
Tuesday: Chicken Caesar Wraps
Wednesday: Beef and bean burritos
Thursday: Chicken nuggets and fries
Friday: KD and fish sticks
Saturday: Wings, fritters
Sunday: Steak and potato salad (Gramma's of course)

I am trying to work on planning ahead further - like months in advance - because I want to work towards reducing my stress load when I get to go back to work (after my recovery). I'm setting a goal for myself to get until the end of July planned by the end of this week.

I'm going to be 'shopping' menus over at the Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday - always so much inspiration shared each week. Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon!

Fettuccine Alfredo

I believe I've mastered my sauce. I hope.

3/4 cup margarine
1 tsp minced garlic
3/4 cup blend of 18% cream and 1% milk
1-1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
ground pepper, to taste
1 pkg fresh fettuccine pasta

Melt margarine in a small saucepan. Add minced garlic and simmer 1 minute. Add cream/milk mixture to melted margarine. Stir well and start adding cheese, stirring between additions and ensure cheese is melted before adding more. Add salt (do it to taste, it needs some to enhance the flavour). Continue to stir until pasta is cooked.

Heat large pot of water and salt water once it boils. Add pasta. Cook as directed.

Drain pasta and drizzle with olive oil. Add sauce and toss to coat.

Haha! I just realized that I had a typo in my title... All fixed up and apologies to all for my bad spell checking practice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...