Sunday, August 29, 2010

MPM #17

Photobucket

Photo of my yummy apple pie by Blackstone Images

It's beginning to look a lot like Autumn around these parts... The days are getting shorter, the mornings are cool & crisp, and the leaves are just starting to turn the beautiful oranges and yellows that I love so much. Another sure sign is our apple tree - the fruit is plump and full and just the perfect size and shape for harvesting!

With a vacation pending, I decided to pick our tree this weekend. Five baskets later and now it's Sunday night and our freezer is full. Apple crisps, pies & tarts and I think I'm just about done processing for another year. I toyed with making fruit leather or dried apples but all the information I could get seemed to indicate a large need for a dehydrator - which I do not have! There is always apple sauce - I made tons of it the year TroubleMaker was born and he ate it all but doesn't seem as interested in it now so it would just sit in our larder waiting to be eaten! I'd rather pass the fruit on and share our harvest of organically grown tart green apples.

Here is our week at a glance!
August 30 to September 5
Monday Homemade Chicken Stew with Baking Powder Biscuits
Tuesday Tacos (this recipe is a link to 'make your own' recipe for taco seasoning mix) (we didn't eat this last week)
Wednesday (leftovers) Pulled Pork with Toasted Buns
Thursday Egg Wraps with Tater Tots
Friday Tuna Sandwiches and Soup
Saturday Ravioli from a Can!
Sunday Hamburgers & chips

Breakfasts
Cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, bacon & eggs!

Lunches
Cottage cheese with green onions, Grilled PB & Banana Sandwiches, Yogurt & fruit

Hope you have a great week and check out more Menu Plan Monday cooking and meal planning ideas over at Org Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...