Monday, November 22, 2010

A Life of Daydreams

While perusing the blogs over at The Organic Sister’s Inspiration Monday, this post got me thinking about how I’m just wading along in the water, waiting for my life to start happening. Like Cynthia at A Life Profound, I’m very tethered to reality and the obligations that I must uphold for my family, my son, and to keep my place in the world. But every single day, I dream. If I didn’t have my day dreams, I’m not sure how I could survive.

I day dream continually throughout my waking day – dreaming about all the things I can do when I get home, the writing I can do at my lunch hour and coffee breaks at work. I dream about our RV and camping. I dream about the aspirations and desires I have to start my own home-based business and how I have loftier ambitions to get back to designing with Blue Door Interiors (my design company).

I see inspiration here and wonder how I can make such beautiful art. I see my friend creating his own Graphic Novel and am inspired by his talent and his drive. I see my own husband’s beautiful photography and wish that he had time to do more.

I wish I had more time to do more baking of delectable treats with TroubleMaker. I wish I was more organized and that my house was tidier.

But then while surfing channels last night, TroubleMaker and I came across this and I got a face full of perspective and as my son swayed to the beat and tried to sing along, I realized I am here, I am alive - and so is my son. And we can continue to dream and plan...

And that, my friends, was the truest inspiration of my week.

2 comments:

  1. I am learning that I dream more than I realize. I've just defined it too narrowly.

    It is amazing for me that I have been sinking into the beauty of each moment and learning to breathe, to relax, to remember what is important. A lesson I hope my children have learned at a younger age ... I am 46 and I don't want to waste another moment on things that are not important, on fretting, on fear.

    BTW, we have a pug named Max, newest addition to the family. So very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh btw, love the song! you helped me discover new music!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...