Sunday, May 29, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Tasty Foods!

It's almost June. Really? Where did the first five months of this year go?! I'm not ready for June. June means summer and holidays and my son starting playschool in September. I'm NOT ready for that. Nope. Not at all...

It also means it is only a few more months (four, likely) until we have snow again. I like snow, i don't even mind winter but after a seemingly endless winter, I've had more than enough for right now!

But summer does appear to be hear, even if she doesn't technically arrive until June 21... But it's light, it's warm, the birds are singing and the grass is green. It doesn't get much more summery than this! This makes me happy. Although I don't always cope well with the heat, I do like barbecuing, spending time outside, camping and eating lots of fresh, seasonal vegetables and fruit! Our fridge will be brimming with lots of ripe fruit and vegetables, all yummy and fresh and it won't taste like last year!

Our vacation is coming up at the end of June and I'm looking forward to that. We did a similar trip with my parents the year TroubleMaker was born and I'm looking forward to being able to share my favourite place on Earth with my son, who is now very aware of where and who he is and is starting to form lasting memories! So bring on summer, bring on the sun, the backyard inflatable pool, slurpees, sunburns and hat season, I'm READY!!!

What does Summer mean to you? Or winter, if you're on the other side of the globe? ;)

May 30 to June 4

Dinners
Monday: Crockpot Barbecue Beef Sandwiches New Recipe
Tuesday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Wednesday: Hamburgers & Salad
Thursday: BBQ Pork Chops
Friday: Weeknight Lasagna Toss
Saturday: Family Barbecue at my parents
Sunday: Chicken Burgers

Lunches
Monday: Cottage Cheese with onions
Tuesday: mini bagel pizzas
Wednesday: -
Thursday: -
Friday: Grilled Cheese sandwiches
Saturday:
Sunday:

Breakfasts
Monday: Granola with yogurt & berries
Tuesday: Toast
Wednesday: Cereal
Thursday: Cereal
Friday: Muffins
Saturday: Bacon & Eggs
Sunday: Bacon & Eggs

For more great menu planning tips and tricks, check out the Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday and we'll see you again next week! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...