Saturday, March 17, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: March 17 to 25

My menu planning went off the rails this week. My husband was on a course and it meant after day care pick ups of TroubleMaker and Max, we weren't home until 5:30... I know, I know.. that's not late but for a creature of habit, it tossed our entire schedule out the window...

And it's why I'm writing this Saturday... The menu is so far off that what I'd planned for the weekend, I forgot about. I woke this morning thinking "oops. I forgot to take ham out for Sunday!" I'm back at the drawing board, so let's get started!

Saturday: Assorted Homemade Subs
Sunday: Savory Pizza Monkey Bread (adapted from this recipe using this crust - to which I add my own herbs and spices) with Caesar Salad
Monday: Pork chops with mashed potatoes & green beans
Tuesday: Egg salad sandwiches with soup
Wednesday: Chicken Parmigiana with spaghetti
Thursday: Boy's Choice (I'm off to an annual design function fundraiser)
Friday: Hamburgers (let's hope for good barbecuing weather)
Saturday: Boy's Adventure night! (I'm off to Swan Lake with my mother, sister and niece)
Sunday: Mom's Ham & Scalloped Potatoes

I'm hoping with our schedule more normalized this week, that I'll stick a little closer to menu (and thus our grocery budget). Thanks for popping in and be sure to check out all the people sharing their culinary prowess over at Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...