Monday, April 25, 2011

MPM # 50

MPM

It's a holiday here in Alberta (or at least for some of us) - Easter Monday... It's a good thing too because I need to recover from yesterday! Although we only had 10 for dinner, I spent the day cooking and prepping - which I love! We had a typical dinner - turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing with broccoli and corn (yum) but for dessert, I tried two new recipes - Coconut Cream cheesecake pie and Chocolate Cream Cheesecake pie! Toss in the Belgian waffles and whipped cream I made for breakfast and it meant I spent 3/4 of my day in the kitchen! Although I don't need to eat that well everyday, I do enjoy spending my days creating and cooking. Now only if I had a bigger kitchen... ;)

We also were able to unearth our barbeque this week and we enjoyed a fantastic steak and Gramma's Potato Salad dinner followed the next night by BBQ hamburgers with vegetables and dip. TroubleMaker and my husband were in food heaven!

Another month is soon to wrap up so I'll be planning another monthly menu this week. I'm still working on my easier, greener method but it's taking a bit of time to get it all together. I'm hoping to be able to share it for my one year "blogiversary" so I better continue to work on it!

Here's what's cooking around our house this week...

April 25 to May 1
Monday: Hot Turkey Sandwiches with Poutine
Tuesday: Weeknight Lasagne Toss
Wednesday: Chicken, rice and vegetables
Thursday: Tuna Melts with vegetables and dip
Friday: Sweet & Sour Hamburger with fried rice
Saturday: Pizza Party! (with this crust)
Sunday: BBQ Chicken with Frog's BBQ Sauce

For more great ideas, check out the Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday! Thank you for stopping by and we'll see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...