Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Daily Writing for Fun, Prizes but mostly self improvment

Photobucket

I do not commit to things very often... Yes, I've been married twice but that doesn't count! I happened to discover today that it is the first day in the NaBloPoMo event. What is that? Well, you can read more about that here but essentially, it's a daily writing exercise being promoted and run by BlogHer. It is a chance to write daily and grow your writing talent and improve yourself through subscribed (maybe prescribed?) writing activity... I hope to find a theme or get my act together and write about stuff but today, I'm going to use their "prompt" post to begin my month.

What is your favourite part about writing?

From the time I learned to write, the thing I loved most about it was the self expression it created. Whether it was telling stories in my primary school journal about winning a race or writing song lyrics, writing has always been my "thing".

Writing, for me, has been therapeutic and depressing. I've often written to work through my stress and sadness. Pouring my heart and life out onto the pages before me - the agony twisting in my words, my sickness running out like spilled milk. Other times, my voice was lost, buried inside, unable to express the pain.

Words are joy, my joy and finding them again (through blogging) has helped me find my voice, and for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...