Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trauma: NaBloPoMa Writing Prompt

I started a different post this morning, a light and hearty romp reuminating about he pending weekend and my desire for it to hurry up and get here. But as the day progressed and my Blackberry had me running from meeting to meeting, building to building, I came to realize I need more week (this week) and less weekend... So upon sitting down tonight to finish that post, i realized that the idea had been lost and I must start anew.

I was a loss so I decided to take the "easy road" and headed over to BlogHer and try spurring some inspiration off the topic d'jour.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Has anything traumatic ever happened to you? Describe the scenes surrounding a particular event.


This did not help. It isn't that my life isn't without trauma or tragic events. It is that I am not comfortable sharing any of them publicly. I am not hung up on privacy or being 'discovered', but my history isn't just mine and sharing anything would be an invasion of other people's privacy.

So where does this leave me? With a nasty case of "Writer's Block".

Writer's block sucks! No matter which way I turn or what I think about today, it all seems wrong and stupid and unintelligible! YIKES! I once told someone I had writer's block for a decade. It wasn't untrue, really. After separating from my first husband, I was actively being treated for clinical depression and was medicated. The antidepressants absolutely zapped my ability to write. I'd sit down to write and nothing would come out. The most I'd achieved was part of a sentence.

Eventually, I found my words again - but honestly, it wasn't until I started my blog that I started writing again. So the thing that helped me find my voice, has suddenly taken my voice again.

Is that irony?

I know I'll get past this and tomorrow, I'll be back to my normal self, writing and postulating and continuing to participate in NaBloPoMa throughout the month, but write now it's a struggle!

Is this long enough? Does it constitute as a post? The post itself kind of reminds me of what NBC constantly told the world about "Seinfeld" - it was a show about nothing... Well, friends, this is a post about nothing!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...