Sunday, September 26, 2010

MPM # 21

How was your week? We didn't complete our tour this week - we skipped Mexico, France and Spain but detoured to the US and Canada with some comfort food!

Of the recipes we tried, I have high praise for the Chicken Biryani - BUT we omitted the Cayenne Pepper. Although we are fans of spicy, I thought with the Garam Masala, it would be good enough (especially feeding it to a toddler). I was right - although my Husband and I decided next time we'd add 1/2 the cayenne.

The Pork Lo Mein was another very good recipe BUT I doubled the salad dressing and I would not ever use frozen stir fry veggies again. I would add my own fresh (shredded carrots, celery, snap peas, cauliflower & broccoli and maybe even some bean sprouts and mushrooms) vegetables instead.

We also liked the Sausage & Tomato Rigatoni but I had to make my own sauce and add some vegetables. I really liked the red onion in it - it added a nice sweet flavour to the dish.

This week is my husband's birthday so we are celebrating with a barbecue! TroubleMaker is excited - he's two and a half on Monday and is starting to really love "Happy birfdays" so it should be a great week around here!

I hope you have a great week - thank you for stopping by! For more great menu planning ideas, check out the Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

September 27 to October 3

Monday Chicken Fajitas
Tuesday Slow Cooker Hamburger Casserole
Wednesday Tuna Melts & tossed salad
Thursday Tater Tot Casserole
Friday BBQ hamburger's & chips
Saturday Honey Chipolte Ribs & BBQ Vegetables
Sunday My Mother in law & dear friend are coming to cook dinner for my husband! YUM!

Lunches
Menu planning goes much easier for me when I don't have to think of lunches for my boys! With TroubleMaker at the sitters again and my Husband working, I just have to fumble and toss food in my own bag before running out the door to the catch the bus!

Breakfasts
Toast, bagels, muffins & cereal

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. your menu sounds great! Going to check out the pork lo mein!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...