Friday, February 4, 2011

Week # 5 - Little Spaces, Big Mess

Riding the high of last week's Cupboard of Doom success (and super cool mention by the Organizing Junkie herself (thanks, Laura!!!)), I decided to tackle something small and easy this week. This week's challenge was actually inspired by the Cupboard of Doom. You see, there are 4 little shelves in that closet that I use for odds and sods - mostly, I just stack junk there where my husband can't see it.

However, one of the shelves was holding computer supplies - printer paper and spare ink cartridges for the small workstation we have just off our kitchen. This would seem like a good idea given the cupboard/closet is just around the corner from the workstation.

But sitting beside the computer station is a 4 drawer plastic cart that was placed there for the specific purpose of holding office supplies. I must admit that although it does house some office type things, it is really packed full of stuff... Most of which don't belong in that cart but were jammed into the drawers in one of my haphazard attempts to tidy up.

Photobucket Photobucket

So I thought it would be a great, easy project to tackle. After dinner last night, I lugged the cart downstairs to the TV room so I could do my organizing and keep TroubleMaker entertained. I was wrong on a couple of fronts.

First, it took me two hours to do (there was a lot of junk packed in that thing) and second, it was more challenging because TroubleMaker kept moving my piles around (all the while saying "Mama, I'm a goooood halper!").

Photobucket Photobucket

I kind of find this organizing a little like unpacking after a move - I rediscover stuff I forgot I had! Last night's discoveries included my calculator that does fractions, two architectural scales that I've been looking for, and my totally awesome 'vintage', limited edition green cassette of the Northern Pikes Secrets of the Alibi!

Job well done! For more great inspiration, check out the Organizing Junkie and the rest of us Junkies in training here!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am also always amazed how much stuff I find I actually had forgotten about! You did a great job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Natacha! I can't believe the stuff I keep finding (like the odd stocking stuffer I tucked away years ago). I'm hoping to spend less time looking for stuff and more time enjoying the things I find!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...