Saturday, May 21, 2011

You know you're in the country when...

It's late - around 12:30am (MST) and the house is quiet. I'm at my Mom's for the official start to Summer (in my province anyway) and the whole house is still and silent.

And as I sat here catching up on some blog reading, I heard a gun blast. Now I am not a gun expert but I would suppose it was a shotgun - probably fired off at some random animal a mile or three away from my parent's farm. It left me with a weird feeling - not frightened or anything but just curious to know what on earth got shot as the night is dead silent (no pun intended). Often we hear the coyotes crying and dogs barking and I know they had a bear in the area a couple years back but there was barely even the constant din of the highway traffic.

You know you're in the country when you hear a gun being fired and it isn't followed by the scream of police sirens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...