Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's the End of the World...

I'm not usually one to get caught up in the "end of the world" hype but what would May 21, 2011 be (to me) without taking the time to talk biblical prophecy! Keep in mind I am not a religious scholar, nor am I really all that well versed in the Bible. But I love drawing conclusions, making comparisons and talking to an audience!

April 1, 2011 is apparently 1,978 years since Jesus Christ was crucified (based on a year being 365 days a year) but taking into account a solar year is 365.2422, to get the number of 'days' since Crucifixion, you have to multiply the number of years by the number of days in a solar year - which comes to 722,449 days since Jesus Christ was crucified.

Next if you look at numbers that are of important religious significance - 5, 10 & 17 (to find the meaning, read this) and you multiply those numbers together once and then square them, you get 722,500. Which naturally, Preacher Camping realized is only different from the days since Crucifixion by 51! Coincidence? He thought not and decided to add 51 to the number of days since Crucifixion (because that's obvious) which brings us to May 21, 2011 - today.

He also decided the time would be around 6pm Pacific (7pm Mountain). Who knew Jesus was going to be so courteous to let us all know what time he'd be arriving! I like company like that! So as I type this, we're just over an hour and a half until the Rapture! I know I won't be going anywhere (meaning I'll have to endure on Earth cause I'm a nasty sort) so we're preparing a nice barbecue dinner for my Mom & Step Dad. Ribs, twice baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Then we're going to play Wii and eat Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream... OHHHHH!!!! Is it just coincidence that we're having Angel food cake?! I think not! It's a sign...

Anyway, I suppose if he's right we'll know soon. If not, we've always got next year when the Mayan calendar runs out (because, yanno, the first priority for a dying civilization is to ensure they have enough days left on their calendar) and I recall the end of the world back in 1983 when I was 8 - I wrote my will that time. I'm really glad it didn't end then because I think I left everything to my sister and I know she would have just ruined my Rockstar Barbie!

I wish I had some deep and profound thoughts with the end so rapidly approaching but I don't have anything profound. I will ask my sister and the kids their thoughts...

Me to them: "Do you have anything profound to say?"

TroubleMaker: "No."

My niece: "To preserve nature and stop destroying it."

Princess: "No, I'm all out of deep and profound things to say."

I guess that just about sums it up! Oh... Except that R.E.M knew it was coming too - or at least I think they did... One of the lines in the song "The End of the World (as we know it)" talks about it happening at six o'clock... Coincidence?! I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...