Thursday, October 27, 2011

MPM: The Week After

Photobucket
We survived the big Halloween party we hosted! Saturday afternoon saw us host 15 kids plus parents - it was an incredible amount of preparation and a family effort to make it happen (Thank you to my amazing husband for all his help), but happen it did and there were 15 kids just delighted with the event!

It's hard to believe that all the planning and preparation could lead up to so much excitement and yet end so quickly! I learned a few things - first, I decided to not buy three times as much food as I needed and second, it likely isn't worth planning a bunch of activities and crafts for a group of kids. They make up their own games and keep themselves quite entertained!

I also learned is is possible to overload on sugar. But I think I already knew that! This week, I think we seriously need to explore the vegetable family again! That is, assuming my husband can eat something solid at some point!

October 31 to November 6

Monday Perogies
Tuesday Fettuccine Alfredo
Wednesday Vegetable soup with cheese biscuits
Thursday Baked Chicken Breasts and Garlic Mashed potatoes and garden veggies (from my Dad's garden)
Friday Chicken Burgers with chips (assuming my honey can eat them)
Saturday Sloppy Joe Pizza
Sunday Roast Beef with root vegetables

I'd also like to let you know that having defined some recipe and planning criteria has made the menu planning task much easier! I don't dread it as much and I find myself thinking of things mid-week and I feel like I'm regaining control!

Thanks for stopping by and for more great menu planning resources, check out the Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...