Sunday, January 2, 2011

MPM #34

TroubleMaker in 2011 - Inspiring Better Budgeting and MORE Vegetables!

Image Copyright Blackstone Images


Happy New Year, everyone! I hope 2010 was a prosperous and happy year and that 2011 brings you all that you need.

Our "Appy New Year" was a huge success and lots of fun! We had too much food - way too much and we are going to my Mother In Law's house tomorrow and bringing lunch!

I've been reflecting on my year and where things will go for me (and my family) in 2011. Menu Planning wise I hope to introduce more vegetables to our menu. Living in a northern climate makes trying some new things difficult - fresh produce in the winter months here isn't always an easy thing to come by but I think I can speak with confidence for all my family when I say we're a little tired of the frozen peas, corn and green beans! Broccoli and cauliflower can only be jazzed up so many ways before it gets BORING! I also want to get my grocery budget in control. Although I diligently plan, our shopping budget needs tweaking and improving. I had been getting good at budgeting so much per week and eating one week for 'free' (using items I'd bought ahead or using the stores of food we have)... But it has been awhile since I took the time to plan my month properly and I have no idea what I have in the cupboards any more!

How about you? What are you hoping to improve with your Meal and Menu Planning in 2011?

Here is our first full week of 2011 - see you next week and thank you for stopping by!

January 3 to January 9

Monday Perogies & Sausage
Tuesday Chicken Cordon Bleu Rice, Sauteed zucchini with garlic
Wednesday Egg wraps with tater tots
Thursday Southwestern Soup with quesadillas
Friday Beefy One-Pot Dinner
Saturday Pizza Party!
Sunday Spaghetti with meatsauce

Breakfasts

Cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, Bacon & Eggs

For more great meal planning ideas and menu planning tips, check out Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...